Workplace violence in health care settings—while not a new phenomenon—is rapidly changing in the wake of the pandemic. With anxiety and trauma leading the way for both patients and staff, health care facilities are being faced with an increase in crisis incidents and higher staff turnover.
Embedding a well-rounded workplace violence prevention program in your facility that includes crisis prevention training for staff is a critical step in preventing, or mitigating, incidents of violence. This safer environment results in a more satisfied workforce; when staff feel safer your facility replaces turnover and burnout with increased employee performance.
Training for Health Care Professionals at All Levels
Crisis Prevention Institute training provides evidence-based de-escalation and crisis prevention approaches for all levels of health care professionals. Our training follows industry best practices that meet state and federal legislation requirements. Our training programs for health care professionals include:
- Prevention First™ Online Training is designed to provide health care staff with a general awareness of verbal interventions, while gaining a better understanding of the five stages of a crisis.
- Verbal Intervention™ Training is for health care roles interested in a non-physical approach to intervention. This training focuses on de-escalation strategies resulting in safe, non-restrictive interventions.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®, 2nd Edition Training is for health care professionals who directly intervene in crisis situations. This course provides de-escalation techniques as well as restrictive and nonrestrictive interventions.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®, 2nd Edition: Trauma Training is for health care professionals who directly intervene in crisis situations and interact with patients and staff impacted by trauma.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® With Advanced Physical Skills provides tools to help health care professionals supporting individuals more likely to demonstrate higher risk behaviors.
Complimentary Risk Assessment
CPI will work alongside your team to complete a complimentary risk assessment for your facility. In addition to ensuring all staff are trained at the appropriate level based on their role and responsibilities, will review the current policies you have in place, discuss the areas in which challenges are arising, and identify the appropriate steps to ensure a safer facility. Fill out the consultation form above to schedule your free assessment.CPI Training for Your Entire Facility
CPI’s train-the-trainer model positions several selected staff as the content experts across your facility. CPI provides training to those selected staff members first. With support and training materials from CPI, your now certified staff members can teach their training to additional employees. Because your certified staff are providing the training, they can easily customize the training and related materials to cater to each person’s roles and responsibilities.
A Sustainable Workplace Violence Prevention Program
CPI provides support to organizations looking to review existing policies and has the expertise to provide support and consultation around the effective implementation of any workplace violence prevention plan. Our Policy Development Series can be critical to helping your organization develop and review your current policies and procedures.
Organizations seeking to update their policies and procedures can turn to CPI for a variety of resources, tools, and services to support this initiative. Our team of experts can assist in identifying the appropriate staff to manage your workplace violence prevention program, and ensure it aligns with health care best practices.